Target group: Master’s degree
Field of study: Arts and Humanities, Environmental Science, Fine and applied arts, Law, Mathematics and computer science, Medical and health sciences, Natural sciences, Social and behavioral sciences
Eligible candidates: Excellent students who have been admitted to a Master programme at Leiden University. Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree. Scholarships will be awarded to students meeting the following criteria:
- Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting February 2013 or September 2013 ( All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden, a number of programs have a start date in September only).
- All nationalities enrolling in the following programmes starting February 2013 or September 2013 (programs listed below have a September start date only, with the exception of Adv. Studies in Air & Space Law): – Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Air and Space Law – Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European and International Business Law – Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Tax Law – Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Public International Law – MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy
Value and purpose of grant: The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 5 awards:
- Platinum Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee* and an allowance of €10,000 for living costs
- Gold Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee *
- Silver Covers 75% of the tuition fee
- Bronze Covers 50% of the tuition fee
- Ivory Covers 25 % of the tuition fee
The number and type of awards of the scholarships depend on the budget available of the Faculty department
* The tuition fee will be reduced to the amount of the home fee. Students who have been awarded a Platinum or Gold award still have to pay the home fee themselves.
Grant award period: Academic year 2013-2014. In case of a 2-year programme, the scholarship will also be valid for the second academic year but only if the student has complied with the rules and regulations.
Closing date for the September 2013 intake:
- 1 February 2013 (all programs except Law)
- 1 April 2013 ONLY for Law Programmes
Closing date for the February 2014 intake:
- 1 October 2013
Incomplete applications or applications received after the aforementioned deadlines will not be considered.
Grant provider: Leiden University
For students from the following eligible countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua And Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Conch Republic, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast (Cote D’Ivoire), Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn Island, Poland, Polynesia, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, S.Georgia & S. Sandwich Isls., Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre And Miquelon, Saint Vincent & Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome And Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard And Jan Mayen Islands, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad And Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks And Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Virgin Islands, Wallis And Futuna Islands, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Please be aware that the information provided here is correct to the best of our knowledge, but may be subject to change without notice. You should therefore double check the information yourself.
Last update: 09 January 2013