Target group: Bachelor’s degree
Field of study: Business administration and management, Communication, Education and Teacher Training, Engineering, Environmental Science, Mathematics and computer science, Medical and health sciences, Natural sciences, Social and behavioural sciences
Eligible candidates: To qualify for a UTS, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Have been admitted to one of the above mentioned graduate programmes at University of Twente before December 15 for round 1 or March 15 for round 2
- Have graduated with excellent results in their (under-)graduate programme, where excellency is based on overall CGPA – Comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa
- Comply with the overall English language test norm Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- Have the nationality from a non-EU/EEA country and not being eligible for a Dutch study grant
- Have finished a possible pre-master at the University of Twente
- Students who are not directly admitted to a master, but will start a ‘pre-master’ programme can already apply for a UTS. If they do not finish the pre-master with a CGPA of 7,5 out of 10, they cannot be granted UTS. They must also comply with above mentioned requirements for UTS, including English language test scores.
Value and purpose of grant: There are two possible UTS amounts for one year study programmes and two for two year study programmes. The student can only chose and apply for one of these. The amounts stated are given per year of study.
The scholarship amounts from which the student will chose by application are:
- 22.500 € two year master programme
- 20.000 € one year master programme
- 12.500 € two year master programme
- 10.000 € one year master programme
Exception on these amounts are made for the two year study programme Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society, a non-technical study, for which the following scholarship amounts to be chosen from: large scholarship = 20.000 € or small scholarship = 10.000 €
Grant award period: see above
Closing date: 15 December and 15 March each year
Grant provider: University of Twente
For students from the following eligible countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua And Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Conch Republic, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Fiji, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Ivory Coast (Cote D’Ivoire), Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn Island, Polynesia, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Russia, Rwanda, S.Georgia & S. Sandwich Isls., Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre And Miquelon, Saint Vincent & Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome And Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard And Jan Mayen Islands, Swaziland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad And Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks And Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Virgin Islands, Wallis And Futuna Islands, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Application procedure: You can only be nominated for a UTS by your faculty, and on condition you are (provisionally) admitted to the MSc programme you registered for.
To obtain the application form please send an email to scholarship[at]so.utwente.nl or visit this website for more information.
Please be aware that the information provided here is correct to the best of our knowledge, but may be subject to change without notice. You should therefore double check the information yourself.
Last update: 11 January 2013